Friday, July 25, 2014

"My Life Story" by Student M.

A young boy I had a difficult problem to learn how to read and write. I didn't have people to sit down with me to help me with homework. I had to learn how to read and write. I needed to learn how to understand and break down my words. I always was a person that stayed to myself. I was afraid to ask for help thinking I will get yelled at.

I never fully realized how my education in life was very important. I really look back when I was in middle school running the halls. I was not getting an education or learning how to read and write. I was not thinking that I was missing out on education. Skipping class, school, not doing homework, class assignments and not giving my teacher attention teacher is something’s I regret the most. When I always told her I am doing my work; I was not because I was asleep or talking. When I was not at school I was at my friend’s house. I was looking at TV, on the phone or trying to make some money selling drugs on the corner. Since I was trying to be down with my friends, be cool, selling drugs and running from the police affected my learning. I walked around starting stuff with people that I didn’t know calling them bad names like fat, big head, and stupid.

My friends and I where at school we would sneak out the back door of the school and go on different busses to get to the mall and I always think back when people call me names like dumb, stupid or said things to me like “you would never make it in life”. It wasn’t a moment when I wasn’t thinking that someone was calling me names behind my back. Douglass wrote a biography on what different ways he had to learn how to read, and write. Douglass showed me how education was very important and understanding.

I finally finished middle school then I went to Beaumont High School. I was getting in trouble so the principle expelled me from school because I was not going to my classes. I went back up to school to talk to the principal to see if I could get back in school. I started going to class but I started hanging out with the wrong people so I got put back out. I had to go to the Board of Education to see what schools were available for me. I enrolled into Gateway High School. I intend to get a lot of help with my school work. I went home every day doing all of my homework. I Turned in all of my class work and understood all of the class work that my teacher was giving to me.

My teacher always told me “never give up and Start setting goals that you can meet. I won't you to finish going to school get your degree. You can make some good money.” My teacher told me I will miss you. I graduated from Gateway high school. The school held the graduation at Roosevelt high school. I was very excited to graduate from high school. I saw my teacher again for the last time. I took it very hard looking at my teacher as family. I didn’t want to cry even knowing it was a very happy thankful moment. I had to man up and try to hold it in then a tear fell shortly on the floor. I was not able to hide it behind that smile I had on my face glowing.

I started attending college a few months later. In my first semester I started taking four classes. I was starting to feel overwhelmed. I didn’t have much time to get the homework done on time. I started getting bad grades so I had to withdraw from Reading Improvement, and Math. I was able to pass the last two which were smart start and English 020. My second semester I am trying to get all of work and the different assignments done. I learned that your education is valuable. To get the importance and understanding of reading and writing. I will always try my best. To become an Auto mechanic I know I have to pass all of my classes. As of today I take my education more seriously. I will work harder, be on time and listen more to achieve all of my goals.



No comments:

Post a Comment