Wednesday, July 9, 2014

"A Desiring College Student" by Warnae Whitehead


Charquisha Davis was born on August 21, 1994, in Saint Louis, MO. She has two younger siblings Chardae, eleven, Waiel, thirteen, and a daughter named Deaira Webb that’s six months. Furthermore, she graduated in May 2012 from Imagine College Prep High School. Quisha as friends and family called her enrolled at Forest Park Community College in spring 2014 and majoring in nursing.

To begin with, she attended Missouri College in 2013 for nursing and was thinking becoming an RN (Register Nurse). Her desire is to transfer to UMSL after two semesters and enroll in the nursing program. She stated, “I always wanted to be in the presence of hospitals and working firm to help others; it’s something I enjoy.” In addition, her dream career is to become a Mortician. That’s frightening and grosses me out cremating and embalming practices on decease remains. As a child, Quisha was always fascinated by the unloving industry and was curious as to what happens to people when they die. The excitement of an opened human body impresses her; it made her feel untouchable in a mysterious and a strange way.

Last semester, Charquisha had English 020 with me. We never really had a conversation often, but we spoke in small terms. She seemed like a laughable and pleasant person to be around when I observed her. Also, she was open and honest about her life; kind of the same way I am. I found out that we like to party, we like to shop, and we like to love family. For instance, one song that reminds me of her is “BeyoncĂ©-Blue”, because it expresses her emotion, devotion, caring, loving, and heart for her baby girl. When she gave birth she found treasure of mother hood and adored the adventure and pleasure of her daughter. What I admired is when she told me that, “after giving birth she loses interest in everything including herself being second. My mom and her has desires in common because my mother always say you guys come first before money, relationships, shopping, and anything else that’s enjoyable in life; I live for you guys. I kind of started to get emotional writing this sentence because my mother is the most beautiful, complicated, hardworking, risk-taking, sacrificing, and loving person in the whole wide world. I wouldn’t ask God to replace her for any other woman to be my mom.

Charquisha liked spending most of her time caring for her daughter and partying when she can. I question her, would you rather be famous or rich. She quoted, “I’d rather be rich because money is more important than living a famous life. We both enjoy math because we like solving things and listing to Hip Hop and R & B. Qusiha thought people think of her as an outspoken and crazy person. Also, she said some may think she’s abnormal. I questioned her, if today was your last day what would you do? She responded, “I will spend my whole day having fun, reminiscing back on great times with family and my daughter”. Her comfortable appeal is not being shy but, chattering when meeting new people.

Charquisha is a role model for younger teens because she has goals and accomplishments set for the future. Her dedication to be successful and caring for her daughter is enough for me to proudly say that I’m proud of you for not giving up and following your goals. I am happy to say I met a new friend that’s honest and goofy just like me. Your daughter will be a great and smart young woman like her mother.





No comments:

Post a Comment