Wednesday, July 9, 2014

"A Woman With A Plan" by Robert Mull


My name is Robert Mull, this is my profile draft on my classmate Ms. Robin Keeney. Robin seems to be a caring person. I say this because every question I asked Robin came back with an answer of caring for someone else. I can conclude from talking to Robin that Robin cares deeply for her family and has no problem taking responsibility for them.

Robin is a eighteen years old. Robin has one daughter who she adores. Robin’s daughter's name is Reign. Reign is three, so Robin had to be about 15 when she had Reign. Robin spends most of her free time with Reign, because Robin really wants Reign to grow up and be somebody. In addition to Reign, Robin has three brothers and one sister. Robin deeply admires her family because they help when Robin really needs them.

Being a beautiful Black and Cuban queen can't be easy, especially being born on the south side of the city of St. Louis. "It was hard coming up over there. It's like I was different from everybody else, I guess because I stayed to myself,” Robin says. Robin grew up over by Grand and Mermac, which is a pretty rough neighborhood. That's something I can relate to because I've been in the hood my whole life. It's not easy being a child in the hood, never the less raising a child in the hood.

Robin just graduated from Roosevelt High School which is also on the south side of St. Louis. Robin attended Hancock while at Roosevelt and Robin loves mathematics. Now that Robin is out of high school Robin has decided to do something Robin loves, which is care for people. So for the summer Robin chose to enroll in Forest Park College to get a degree to become an ER charge nurse. Considering that Robin is a very caring person, I think Robin will be a great nurse.

Being an independent woman can't be easy. Robin has her own apartment with her own car, don't forget raising little Reign and doing all this while holding a job at Save-a-Lot. I admire that, so I take my hat off to Robin, and relate to Robin’s situation. I have a son that I'm raising, a house that I'm paying for, my own car and doing all this while starting my own business. Sometimes accepting life's terms isn’t easy but when your a independent person you have to do what you've got to do.

These are things Robin likes to do on her free time. Robin loves to sing and says, “My favorite song is All of Me by John Legend.” Growing up Robin liked the television show Cat-Dog and taking cat naps. Robin favorite thing to eat for breakfast is burritos from McDonalds. Robin is very outgoing and loves to have fun. Even more important, Robin loves spending time with her daughter, Reign, more. Robin said, “I got pretty much everything I wanted and desired as a child, which made a good childhood.”

No comments:

Post a Comment