Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Heavenly Places by Amanda Russ

Once I opened my eyes I realized that I was standing in front of a huge broad golden gate. As I approached this gate, which seemed taller than two tall buildings stacked up on each other and beyond reason, I noticed the perfectly designed art that had a sculpture of the finest creation known to mankind. It had designs that were shapes, curving, and little angels praying and dancing around clouds and figures of that nature. The masterpiece was beautiful. I reached out to touch this lovely gate and to my surprise it was warm. A fine golden gate like this would be cold, icy cold, I thought to myself. I looked around to see these beautiful clouds, unusual clouds matter of fact. The clouds somehow were life like, as if they had a mind of their own. For every movement the clouds made it seemed as if they were ballerinas, dancing, reaching out to give me a welcome hug. It frightened me at first, because I never encountered such lovely clouds that were so pure and bulging before. As if I wanted to leap and dive into them, they would catch me by observing my body figure and wrapping around me like a boxing glove.




As the gate started opening there were two angels looking holy as can be, standing inside the gate gratifying my entrance. The most beautiful angels I have yet seen. When they spoke, it was like music to my ears. Their voices were like music that was sweet and mellow that got your attention on the first beat. The moment I stepped foot in this place, it felt like home. There were stars in the day sky that was of a thousand, brighter than candles in a dark room. Many before me were comforted, content, and wholesome; they were singing praises and worshipping the most high, rejoicing for a marvelous time such as this. I remember feeling that same way just as well. The sounds of that trumpet, psaltery and harp, timbel and dance, stringed instruments and organs, loud cymbals, high sounding cymbals all came on one accord in this parade I witnessed. The parade made me want to dance in spite of myself. A fresh aroma came upon me like breezing trees blowing on an autumn day, giving off that freshness of a pure state. I looked down to see the pavement of the street I was walking on, and it was GOLD! Gold, I can’t believe it, the streets are actually gold. The streets were sparkling and in healthy condition in spite of much traffic.

The mist of my being here gave me a sense of security; it gave me a sense of accomplishment. All my praying, being obedient, being that Christian woman, the struggles and pain of the righteous, placing the word in my life, and ministering to God’s people was not in vain. From the people walking, to the buildings in their perfect condition, having no spot or wrinkle on them, to the sky being incredible in its own way, I accepted my fate. Reviewing back when I was yet a struggling being, there was hatred amongst people, war from country to country, suffering and strife, whereas now there’s peace, love, giving, and happiness. Never will I ever go back, I thought to myself. The world that I used to know was selfish with pride and power. The world as I knew it was captured with racism and abomination. Now, we can come together as one. We can love our fellow brothers and sisters as God loves us.

As I was acknowledging my place and admiring the atmosphere, a tall man came up to me wearing a white robe, eyes as beautiful as the sun set and lovely skin that somehow made my focus leave his structure and made me bow my head down to his magnificent feet. His hair was long, curly, and black that tailored his face. His presence made my spirit jump for joy. The most gracious being that I encountered with, was standing in front of me smiling with appreciativeness and he spoke with such clarity, “Well done my child, you can come on in”. I took one deep breath and grabbed hands with this man, this man who is known as Jesus. I’m walking with him side by side with a big Kool- aid smile on my face. This is my home, this is my refuge, and this is Heaven. I closed my eyes in satisfaction, only to reopen them to find myself in my bed, with tears in my eyes. I was in heaven; I dreamt I was in heaven. What a wonderful experience? I meditated with angels, people with my same intuition, and with Jesus. That place I long to return to; that place is Heaven.

Photo: Copyright Free Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment